The Maze Runner was such a fantastic read! Normally books start off a bit slow for me and it takes a few to get into it. Not this book, instantly you're plummeted into this future world and left with questions that constantly come to mind. What I like most is that the questions you have are the same questions the main character, Thomas, is thinking. It wasn't like you were there with him, it was like you were experiencing everything as him.
5 Reasons Why I Love this Book:
- I love a book of a different world that leaves you asking more and more questions. There's so much more to learn about the new world. I'm a big questioner as in always asking questions to learn more. I love learning more and more about this world.
- I love the ending of the first book answers all your questions and ignites even more questions. Obviously setting up for the next book, but it feels like a whole new book is coming next, not just a continuation.
- There's more in the series! I'm such a series sucker because there's just more and more to know, I can enjoy it longer, and already have the next book lined up. I get so attached to characters.
- The characters, you get a certain surreal connection to them. You want to know more about them, but they don't know any more than you do. You're getting to know them as they are getting to know themselves.
- The intensity of the plot! It definitely created some build up to the turning book, but I felt so nervous while reading it that I couldn't put it down. I normally fall asleep to books but this one kept me up all night.